I like leveraging IWSTI forum posts (because I spend a good bit of time reading and posting there).
Cobb has updated the firmware for all Subaru APs. The notes are below:
Fast Logging for ALL Subaru Accessports!!
We’ve improved datalogging rates for all Subaru Accessports. This includes V2, V2b, and V3 units and all Subaru Accessport part numbers.
V2 and V2b units will now see improvements in excess of 300% over previous datalogging rates. V3 Accessports will see nearly 250% higher resolution.
OTS Map Updates!!
2008-2014 STI v334 Map Updates
- Revised Engine Load Compensation tables to address potentially high absolute values in the A/F Learning “C” range.
- Activated new toggle to induce Per-Gear Timing Compensations for 6th gear.
- Eliminated factory “Fuel Enrichment Ramping” behavior that caused temporarily lean conditions following shifts while driving aggressively.
2002-2007 WRX v310 Map Updates
- Massive update for Stage1 and Stage2 mapping. Includes refinements to boost control and overall ignition timing strategy.
- Added Stage1 and Stage2 support for COBB Electronic Boost Control Solenoid (EBCS).
2009-2014 WRX v331 Map Updates
- Synchronized mapping across all model years.
- Implemented Per-Gear Timing compensations.
- Reshaped Boost Targets table for better control at higher RPM which reduces need for Severe Low Wastegate (SLWG mapping).
- Removed SLWG maps from map offering
- Revised odd factory Per-Cylinder Injector Pulsewidth tables
- Updated Primary OL Fuel tables.
- Revised ignition timing tables based on power and detonation concerns.
- Many minor adjustments (changed per-cylinder timing compensations slightly, disabled trims based on rear O2 sensor, revised closed loop fuel target at idle, etc.).
For access to updated features, simply connect your Accessport to Accessport Manager and perform a firmware update!
For any other questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a support ticket at cobbtuning.com/support
The coolest part? The increase in datalogging rates — 300% for pre-v3 APs and 250% for v3s!! What does that mean? Better (quicker) logging! That means better quality datalogs!